[HECnet] Potentially stupid printer question...

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Tue Oct 11 16:36:07 PDT 2011

My question is - does OpenVMS support parallel printers?
Would it be a lot of work getting it to work natively without
having to include another box in the mix (ie, a linux box).

I've got some sort of a hp inkjet thing plugged into my
Alphaserver 800. It shows up as LRA0: I've added a postscript
option board to the printer which works in principle but it
is a little fiddly getting the settings right to ensure the
printer doesn't interpret the postscript as text. I keep
meaning to investigate DCPS.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.