[HECnet] Potentially stupid printer question...

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 16:16:34 PDT 2011

I've been offered a very nice printer for the price of shipping. It's a centronics based printer. I currently have an LA75 hooked up to a DECserver 90M. Obviously MMJ/serial connection.

My question is - does OpenVMS support parallel printers? Would it be a lot of work getting it to work natively without having to include another box in the mix (ie, a linux box).

My brain has been trampled on with work today, something may come to me yet...

Actually having said that, I guess a Centronics/Network interface would do the trick at the very least.

Regards, Mark.