[HECnet] Another thought regarding dynamic bridge setup

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 23:30:09 PDT 2011

Just thinking aloud,

Can I run a   bridge between the dongle based network and my own home network?

If the bridge program on my network is wrapped with a script which checks the dyndns hostname periodically against the recorded IP address, cannot I not reconfigure the bridge on my home network and restart it if required?

If this is possible it keeps my configuration in a realm I've got half a chance of working out myself and saves me from hassling anyone else.
Presumably at home I would need to run two bridges on different ports - with the current bridge linking back to Johnny as normal.

Regards, Mark