[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 30 19:59:20 PDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 10:41 AM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
I have three cisco boxes for my DECnet and would be happy to do a
GRE tunnel..

  Peter!   It's great to see you in this gang.   It has been a long time;
I hope you're doing well.   Drop me a note sometime and let me know
what's been going on over there.

I live in Sunnyvale, CA since 1997... -:)

  I had heard something about that, but I didn't know you were still there.

So, as long as the tunnels are PTP between routers it will do DECnet
routing, and the metric is cost and hops (look at a ethnernet routing
vector it's indexed with node number and has cost,hop in 16 bits..)

In short, do nothing, set metric to 10 all all over the place and it
will just work.

  Oh ok, thank you for the clarification.   This is great stuff!

What is your IP address?   Mine are on the HECnet mailinglinst.

  My 7206VXR's external-facing interface is 50.73.179.1.

-P w4kel/sm4kel

  Hey, I never knew you were a ham!   Very cool!