[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 30 19:57:19 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-30 20:51, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 04/30/2012 09:16 AM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
My memory is short, but someone made a map of HECnet, they are better
off to answer this question, I just deliver the milk.

Speaking of said map. It's time to update it with GRE tunnels. :)

    Yes!   Also, is there a "master" node list anywhere?

Node list, as in which nodes exist? Not really, the closest is the nodename database on MIM. While noone is required, or forced to tell me, I gently ask that people submit nodenames and numbers to me, and I keep MIM up to date. People can then copy the nodenames from MIM.
I also have the nodename database in a Datatrieve-11 database. It seems there might be some incompatibilities between DTR-11 and DTR-32, so I'm not sure if you can manage access from a VMS box (or anything else). Remote DTR access works fine from another RSX box atleast.

If you need the data in some specific format, I can probably produce that for you.