[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 28 19:49:44 PDT 2012

On 04/28/2012 02:38 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
I would be extremely surprised to find that both GRE and DECnet weren't to be found in 11 let alone 12. It's more likely to be a feature set issue.

  It's definitely a feature set issue.   The last time I did anything
with GRE (before this anyway) was between a 2501 and an AGS+; the former
was running IOS 10 and the latter 11.   DECnet support in IOS goes back a
good bit before that, which shouldn't be surprising given the history
(and reason for existence) of Cisco.

Cisco has a feature navigator tool on their website. That can be used to figure it out.

  I've not tried that yet.   That sounds very handy.