[HECnet] Config

Boyanich, Alastair Alastair.Boyanich at au.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 26 01:57:21 PDT 2012

G'day,

I'll send here because I suspect my emails late last week to Mr Bilquist
may have been consigned to a junk mail folder. I wanted to (please)
apply for a HECnet address initially for one my main VAX at home, later
the 11's after I get some more time to work on the hardware.

I managed to get the bridge software to compile under IRIX 6.5.29 via
GCC 4.6. MIPSPro refused with a couple of trivial errors. I believe I
have the config file correctly set up and the ports.
The relevant bits of my conf look like:

!START
[bridge]
local ec0
update tempo.update.uu.se:4711

[decnet]
local
update

[lat]
local
update
!EOF

Port 4711 is forwarded to my system correctly through firewalls. My
external static ip is 202.168.106.176/ns4.reboot.net.au

Suggestions/constructive abuse welcome :)

Regards,
Al.