[HECnet] Web-server under RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Apr 17 02:47:14 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-15 04:49, Oleg Safiullin wrote:
Hmm, putting it all in some file, that can be read?

You can create a virtual terminal for CGI task and pass data through
terminal I/O :)

I just remembered the biggest objection to this...

If/when I implement the POST operation, I would expect the data sent by the POST to come through the normal input channel. The header fields from the request needs to be passed somehow out of band between the server and the CGI program. Hmm, maybe I can implement some IPC for this, and have the CGI program able to query the server for interesting parameters... Another set of functions in a library... The only problem being that IND would need native functions for it. But then again, I just realized that IND poses another problem as well, since no MCR commands can be done from a spawned process on a VT: normally, as that VT: is not logged in... Hmm, but if I do a login, then I can also setup logical names for that terminal... Hmm, seems, in a way, perhaps a better solution.