[HECnet] Web-server under RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Apr 15 22:47:27 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-15 22:53, Mark Wickens wrote:
On 13/04/12 23:58, Johnny Billquist wrote:
By the way, anyone want to help do a first (simple) page with some
more meaningful content to serve from MIM/MADAME?
Johnny,

Are you asking for programmatic content or blurb? I'm happy to help with
blurb, not sure my BASIC skills are up to any programmatic stuff.

It was a request for Blurb, I think. The programming of the server and so on is something I know, but I'm lousy at all kind of graphic design and so on.

But for now, it's only possible to do static html pages.

I've been using WebSockets lately, they are a very cool and easy to use
HTML 5 technology to open a direct two way string based communications
mechanism. Mark Daniel has integrated them into WASD, long-term it might
be interesting to consider an implementation - it would open up a lot of
interesting possibilities without requiring a huge overhead.

Feel free to explain how it works to me, and maybe it is something we can work on in some fashion... :-)

By the way, if people want to experiment with their own web pages on MIM, it is now possible.
See MIM::LB:[HTTPD]HTTPD.DOC for an explanation.