[HECnet] TOPS-20 systems on HECnet?

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Mon Apr 9 23:16:15 PDT 2012

Looking at this distribution of files from DEC for TOPS-20 V6.1 DECnet --
http://pdp-10.trailing-edge.com/TOPS-20_V6.1_DECnetDistr_7-23-85/index.html -- I saw SETNOD.EXE.

It seems this command is comparable to the NODNAM that you mentioned. I just did a quick test with SETNOD, set up some nodes, saved them to its database, and then used the INSERT command to load them into the monitor. Then I checked in NCP and saw that they were there.

So, I should get everything loaded in via SETNOD.EXE at system startup, I guess.

Thanks for suggesting I look at another utility.

--Marc