[HECnet] TOPS-20 systems on HECnet?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 21:45:48 PDT 2012

The museum guys posted this user's guide:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp10/TOPS20/V7/USERS.MEM.txt

Sampsa

On 9 Apr 2012, at 22:50, gerry77 at mail.com wrote:
On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:04:17 +0300, you wrote:

Is anyone on HECnet running TOPS-20?

Just got an account at the machine at the Living Computer Museum, it seems
like a cool OS.

Just in the last few days I've started playing with TOPS-20: my final goal
is to put it online on our DECnet and on the Internet. It's indeed a quite
cool OS, and very significant in the Internet/Unix history timeline.

I'm actually trying to better understand how some security settings work
(e.g. permissions for files-only directories). Maybe I'll ask something on
alt.sys.pdp10 hoping that someone like Mark Crispin will answer. :)

I'd like to share experiences with anyone doing similar experiments. :)

HTH,
G.