[HECnet] Any DECnet Routing Protocol Experts Out There?

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 25 21:36:21 PDT 2012

I am working on a user mode DECnet router and I have a question about the Level 1 Routing message.
Specifically, sometimes I receive a level 1 routing message with routing information for destination address 0. The spec says this represents the    nearest level 2 router   . What I am not clear about is how this is supposed to be treated in the Decision Process, specifically Section 4.7.3 item F in the specification. The reason I ask is that if I blindly accept address 0 I think it corrupts the hop and cost tables, because the Check process then gets failures.
Thanks
Rob