[HECnet] Sweet, now I can make my Ubuntu boxes look like VMS :)

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:53:10 PDT 2012

On 14 Aug 2012, at 07:40, Sampsa Laine wrote:

The default desktop environment on DECWindows is CDE. At least on my Alphas and Itaniums..

No, I mean REAL DECWindows! ;) On Alpha you can select either DECWindows (I think it's called that, may be DW-MOTIF or something) or CDE. When faced with the option on DEC systems, the original DECWindows is... more authentic :) CDE was somewhat of a late addition as far as I know, I think HP or Compaq grafted it in, probably HP as it's used on HP-UX. I don't think CDE is available on 7.3 VAX...

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo