[HECnet] Sweet, now I can make my Ubuntu boxes look like VMS :)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:36:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 12 Aug 2012, at 15:30, Sampsa Laine wrote:

CDE has been open-sourced: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/09/cde_goes_opensource/

Fi on you, you should be using DECWindows, not CDE...

On the bright side, though, it does at least mean that various people might start rolling out improvements for it on the various platforms it lives on, especially AIX (which is the only current platform it's left on I think??)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo
HECnet: STAR69::MARK

Hello!
As it happens I actually got it working on Solaris. (X86) My SPARC box
that I have here runs without a head, but the VNC screen does good
graphics.....

Anyway I passed along your good news Sampsa to my LUG, everyone seemed
rather pleased.

Oh and Mark? Right now there are four odd looking characters watching
you. They are also studying Sampsa.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com