[HECnet] Sweet, now I can make my Ubuntu boxes look like VMS :)

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Aug 14 07:40:48 PDT 2012

The default desktop environment on DECWindows is CDE. At least on my Alphas and Itaniums..

Sampsa

On 14 Aug 2012, at 09:04, Mark Benson wrote:

On 12 Aug 2012, at 15:30, Sampsa Laine wrote:

CDE has been open-sourced: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/09/cde_goes_opensource/

Fi on you, you should be using DECWindows, not CDE...

On the bright side, though, it does at least mean that various people might start rolling out improvements for it on the various platforms it lives on, especially AIX (which is the only current platform it's left on I think??)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo