[HECnet] Managed to get an emulated S/390 with MVS up - any way we can get this beast onto HECnet?

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Aug 4 19:11:38 PDT 2012

For various reasons to do with my general mental stability etc, I decided to
learn about IBM mainframes, so got one running..

Any way to connect this to DECnet? Maybe over over DECNet-OSI since the thing
natively does VTAM?

Details: http://sampsa.com/2012/08/04/mvs-on-an-s390-because-openvms-is-just-too-easy/

But what are you running Hercules on?

I've got Hercules running under VMS on an Alpha. Whatever it says about
my mental stability, I can even get it to crawl along on VAX/VMS.

I'm running VM/370 and MUSIC under Hercules but neither knows anything about
DECnet so even though Hercules is running on machines attached to HECnet, I'm
no closer to being able to connect to or interact with either OS over HECnet.

I've seen enough of DECnet-OSI at work to know I am not really interested in
trying to use it.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.