INFO.TXT, was Re: [HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Dec 29 19:15:22 PST 2012

On 2012-12-30 03:58, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

Curious - do you have a Unix system on which you run this then. What kind of Unix system did you manage to talk DECnet good enough?
Or how does this hang together, since you're using cron it's obviously driven by Unix somewhere in the back...

Same box that runs the bridge.

Basically, I've got a Python script that scrapes the rhesus.sampsa.com info's, adds any local customized help files to that, and FTPs it to RHESUS.

Ok. But how do you pull the INFO.TXT files from other machines here?
I can see that you can pull files out using ftp, and then process them on your Unix machine, and put the result back, but there are some DECnet operations in here...