INFO.TXT, was Re: [HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Sat Dec 29 18:46:34 PST 2012

On 30 Dec 2012, at 04:28, Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu> wrote:

So what's supposed to be in this INFO.TXT file that everyone's been
talking about lately?   I think I may be too much of a newcomer here to
know about it.   Where should it be, and what should it contain?

Bob has a nice explanation in his INFO.TXT file on LEGATO.

Yup. Be aware that the HLP compiler cuts out any text after the .BEGIN-HECNET-INFO bit so put anything you want in the help files ABOVE that.

Speaking of HLP compilers, I've set up a cron job to run on Sundays at 0500 EET, my robot will be sending update notices to the list when they happen.

Sampsa