[HECnet] new node

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Dec 25 23:47:09 PST 2012

On 26 Dec 2012, at 02:36, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

61.6, BIGV7K

Vax 7720, 2GB RAM, HSJ50-based CI-connected disk arrays.   VMS v7.3.
It will be online sporadically, but pretty much full-time for now, to
help heat the building until we get our natural gas feed turned on.   (no
joke!)

7720, That'd be dual processor right?

Accounts given upon request.

I'd be interested in an account. I've never actually had an account on a real VAX, it'll be interesting to start with a big one. ;)

...and let me just say that 2GB of RAM is an AWFUL FRIGGIN' LOT on a
VAX! 8-)

I can imagine! What will you do with it all? Run emulators and calculate pi? ;)

How much total disk?