INFO.TXT, was Re: [HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

Joe Ferraro jferraro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:02:10 PST 2012

I've been away for   1000 HECnet messages or so (which seems to be a week's time these days), as well... trying to catch up...

So Sampsa... you are going to crawl the "net" for info.txt, and pull it into your host info parsing script? Or do we need to submit something to you? Apologies, I didn't have time to read the backlog... if you are seeking "permission" to include a host, feel free to include wopr:: or any of the hosts from 20...

If someone does get a quick doc out there... be sure to summarize the msgs regarding the help file as well... please :)

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 12/29/2012 10:00 AM, sampsa at mac.com wrote:
>   type nikkel::info.txt
> %TYPE-W-SEARCHFAIL, error searching for NIKKEL::INFO.TXT;
> -RMS-E-FND, ACP file or directory lookup failed
> -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node
>
> Won't work until there's a default FAL user and an INFO.TXT...

   So what's supposed to be in this INFO.TXT file that everyone's been
talking about lately?   I think I may be too much of a newcomer here to
know about it.   Where should it be, and what should it contain?