INFO.TXT, was Re: [HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Dec 29 12:38:51 PST 2012

On 29 Dec 2012, at 15:37, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/29/2012 01:59 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
type nikkel::info.txt
%TYPE-W-SEARCHFAIL, error searching for NIKKEL::INFO.TXT;
-RMS-E-FND, ACP file or directory lookup failed
-SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node

Won't work until there's a default FAL user and an INFO.TXT...

  So what's supposed to be in this INFO.TXT file that everyone's been
talking about lately?   I think I may be too much of a newcomer here to
know about it.   Where should it be, and what should it contain?

Actually, thanks for reminding me. This is something someone should
write up a page about. I'll happily put a link to that on the hecnet
webpage... (Or host it, if needed.)

That's the sort of thing that should definitely be in the help system.

Agreed.   I was also serious about an INFO.TXT generator needing to exist.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.