[HECnet] Getting a virtual cluster connected

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Dec 25 14:48:55 PST 2012

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On 25 Dec 2012, at 15:00, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

=20 > On 25 Dec 2012, at 21:56, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote: >=20
=20 >>> Clustering does not depend on DECnet or TCP/IP! >>=20 >>
Really?   I thought clustering over ethernet used DECnet. >>=20 >=20 >
Nope, it's own LAN protocol.

Ah. That would explain why it's still functioning despite DECnet being =
hilariously broken on the simulated alpha. ;)

How's it broken?

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG