[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 23 15:01:40 PST 2012

  I tuned and tuned.   I'm pretty good at tuning VMS, but I never could
get it back to pre-5.0 speeds.   Of course it sped up a lot in later
releases as you said.   The last I ran in production was 5.4.

  Our hardware was a VAX-11/750, a MicroVAX-II, two MicroVAX-3600s.   The
first two machines were cleared for classified processing, so upgrading
them to newer hardware would've been a years-long process.   They're
probably still there.

                          -Dave