[HECnet] Older VAXVMS Install kits?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 23 14:59:23 PST 2012

On 12/23/2012 05:56 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
As i'm not getting anywhere with my TOPS-10 endeavours, I thought i'd
try something else: older VAXVMS in SIMH's VAX-11/780 simulator. ;)

1). What would be the best/most interesting version to try? 2). Where
would I get install media for these older versions? ;)

I have a bunch of older VMS distributions.   I don't know if they're
available anywhere else or not; I would assume so but am not sure.   At
least several 3.x and 4.x distributions, going back to 3.0.   Let me know
if they're wanted and I can put them up somewhere.

Please upload them, I am quite interested in older VMS.

  I don't want to squirt them around publicly.   Do you have a place on
HECnet that I can copy them to?

I'd say 4.7 for speed and period-correctness, 5.5 for feature fulness.

Maybe i'll go with both!

  Do it!

The last release of VMS to run on an 11/780 was, I believe, v6.2.

I have a copy of 6.2 in some file format nothing knows. VMS doesn't even seem to.

  Send me a copy and I'll see if I can figure it out.