[HECnet] SIMH PDP-10 + Networking?

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sun Dec 23 02:29:09 PST 2012

Al 22/12/12 18:23, En/na Cory Smelosky ha escrit:
Is it at all possible to do networking in SIMH's PDP-10 emulator?
No. SIMH emulates a KS10, and IIRC there was no DPNI support for that machine (there was another network interface which worked for ITS, but not for TOPS-10, and anyway it is not emulated in SIMH).

Turns out I need to reinstall TOPS-10. ;)

So I either need to:
1). Stage TOPS-10 in SIMH then move to KLH10's KS emulator (seems to uses different disk format)
2). Install TOPS-10 directly in klh10 (How would I change tapes during runtime using KLH10?)
3). Not have networking. ;)
There is a built KL TOPS-10 image with network support at http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/twonky-a11120.tar. Its not so fun as building it yourself, but it works. Of course you can do it yourself. And to swich tapes you go to KLH10>> prompt (the default key is CTRL-\) and issue a "devmount mta0 tape_image_file.tap and then a continue command, very similar to simh.

BTW you will need to do a MONGEN to set your DECNET address :).

Is configuring networking in KLH10's KS emulation the same as using it's KL emulation? devdef nib et cetera?

AFAIK the syntax of the config file varies a little bit since the KS has a different addressing method.