[HECnet] SIMH PDP-10 + Networking?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Sat Dec 22 21:37:18 PST 2012

From: <Paul_Koning at Dell.com>

FWIW, DMC and DMR are the same at the programmer level.

(Except for some trivial differences.)   My notes say the limit on outstanding
TX or RX buffers is 7 for DMC vs. 64 for DMR.   Also, BSEL3 is a read/write
reg that survives master clears on DMC but gives diag completion status on
DMR (which is how INIT.SYS tells them apart).   And opcode 02 is HALTR on
DMR and reserved on DMC.   Is there other stuff?

They are somewhat different at the protocol level -- DMC uses an older
version of DDCMP and has some bugs in that implementation, especially in
the "high speed" (1 Mb/s) version.

Buggy WRT dealing with correct implementations, or buggy even talking to
each other?   Just curious (I have a pair of them around here somewhere).

John Wilson
D Bit