DECnet/DOS, was Re: [HECnet] DECnet and Windows NT?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:30:33 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM,   <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
The version I have running on my NT4 Server VM whines about no license server found but everything still works..

Sampsa

On 21 Dec 2012, at 14:07, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

Does anyone have a copy of DECnet/DOS?   I no longer do, at least not
that I can find.

I more than likely do in my cache of aluminized poly-carbonate mini-frisbees.
I never used PW (I do NOT do WEENDOZE) but I seem to recall that clients were
licensed in later versions (DECnet/DOS->PathWorks->AdvancedServer).   Anybody
running more recent versions of WEENDOZE may be able to install the software
but might find they're stuck after that without having the license PAKs which
authorize the use.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG

Hello!
The, ah, version I tried out inside a VM also complained of no license
server found, but also worked within reason. I am still sorting out
the multitude of details regarding what else to do, but now that I've
got these copies, and of course seeing that there's something on Tim's
FTP site, that's the next big problem. He's got it in a classic TAP
file and in the Vax areas.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com