DECnet/DOS, was Re: [HECnet] DECnet and Windows NT?

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Fri Dec 21 04:27:11 PST 2012

The version I have running on my NT4 Server VM whines about no license server found but everything still works..

Sampsa

On 21 Dec 2012, at 14:07, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

Does anyone have a copy of DECnet/DOS?   I no longer do, at least not
that I can find.

I more than likely do in my cache of aluminized poly-carbonate mini-frisbees.
I never used PW (I do NOT do WEENDOZE) but I seem to recall that clients were
licensed in later versions (DECnet/DOS->PathWorks->AdvancedServer).   Anybody
running more recent versions of WEENDOZE may be able to install the software
but might find they're stuck after that without having the license PAKs which
authorize the use.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG