DECnet/DOS, was Re: [HECnet] DECnet and Windows NT?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 20 21:09:22 PST 2012

On 12/20/2012 11:28 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
If this card is the one who had strange ears and also worked in of all
things an IBM PC/AT model 5160, then I believe I have it on floppy.
Now this presupposes that I can find the blasted thing, and can
convince the only machine I have who can read the blasted things, to
allow me to stuff the binary blobs into a zip file then yes I can do
that.

  If that works out, I'd appreciate it very much!   I'm pretty sure I
still have one of those DEC Ethernet cards.   It has now come to mind
that it was called a "DEPCA".

This does not explain why there are four yetis outside your place
drinking cheap booze and eating cheaper food.

  No it doesn't, but I know why they're there.

Oh dear. Can you post a photo?

  Of the DEPCA, or the yetis?   The former is in a box somewhere; I'll
document it when I find it.   The yetis...well, you know all too well how
they are about having their pictures taken.

Now why are your machines including one PDP-11 and two Vaxes laughing?

  They're laughing about the possibility of having a stupid PeeCee join
them on the grownups' network!