[HECnet] Phase V Routing Specification

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Dec 18 13:12:41 PST 2012

"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> writes:

"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> writes:

"Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> writes: > >>My user mode
DECnet router has started telling me that it is getting >>messages for
routing specification version 2.2.0. Phase IV is 2.0.0. I >>am assuming
this is Phase V messages because there has been talk about >>this
recently. > >Does anyone have a link to the Phase V Routing
Specification? > >The specs for OSI were huge. > >Will this link help
you any? >
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/decnet/EK-DNAPV-GD_DECnet_Phase_V_General_Description_Sep87.pdf
Other that this, you're best bet would be the DECNET Documentation.
It >should all be on-line at http://HP.COM/go/OpenVMS.

...and from my personal library:

DECnet Phase V: An OSI Implementation (James Martin, Joe Leben)
Copyright 1992 Digital Press EY-H8832E-DP ISBN 1-55558-076-9

If you're really wanting the specs, they can all be ordered up here:

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_ics/catalogue_ics_browse.htm?ICS1=35&ICS2=100&ICS3=30

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG