[HECnet] Phase V Routing Specification

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Dec 18 12:55:37 PST 2012

"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> writes:

"Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> writes:

My user mode DECnet router has started telling me that it is getting
messages for routing specification version 2.2.0. Phase IV is 2.0.0. I
am assuming this is Phase V messages because there has been talk about
this recently. > >Does anyone have a link to the Phase V Routing
Specification?

The specs for OSI were huge.

Will this link help you any?

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/decnet/EK-DNAPV-GD_DECnet_Phase_V_General_Description_Sep87.pdf

Other that this, you're best bet would be the DECNET Documentation. It
should all be on-line at http://HP.COM/go/OpenVMS.

...and from my personal library:

DECnet Phase V: An OSI Implementation (James Martin, Joe Leben)
Copyright 1992 Digital Press
EY-H8832E-DP
ISBN 1-55558-076-9

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG