[HECnet] Statistics

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Dec 17 09:39:16 PST 2012

On 17 Dec 2012, at 12:36, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 12/17/2012 12:32 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Yes, if you do a view source you'll see the Javascript that sends info to my analytics account.

Ugh! Why do something over the net, when you have the same information accessible in your logs already?

Automagically generated charts.

Analog, Webalizer...lots of others.   All of them have been doing this
for more than fifteen years.

I know, but they need to be set up, which is slightly less automagic for a lazy sysadmin. ;)

Also, some people prefer out-of-band analytics. I'd be fine with webaizer or analog personally, I have google analytics set up but i never use it. Mind I get about 1 hit/year...