[HECnet] Statistics

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 17 09:12:34 PST 2012

On 2012-12-17 17:42, sampsa at mac.com wrote:
RHESUS serves node info on these by the way, the URL is:

http://rhesus.sampsa.com/cgi-bin/hecnetinfo/hecnetinfo.com

Rather cute. I could do that on MIM nowadays...
Maybe some more information from NCP on what it knows could be cool?

How often to you update your node database?

I really do need to get back to my mapping utility. I've given up on
scripting it since the lack of recursion is kinda killing me.

Is there a way to access NCP from a library so I can write it in
something like C?

I've never seen any. I think Peter might have something for TOPS-20, though... ;-)

However, the general thing isn't hard in principle. Anyone can open a connection to NCP and talk. However, I don't know if the NICE protocol has enough documentation around, or if people have just reverse engineered parts of it.
And then of course, you need to talk DECnet, but the API to DECnet is usually not so hard to play with.