[HECnet] digest mode

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 17 08:37:22 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se

      On 2012-12-17 17:11, Bob Armstrong wrote:

                      It probably takes longer to find a sysadmin than to set up.

                      The GNU/Mailman stuff is already set up - I can have a new
              list up and
              running in ten minutes.

                      I don't want to fracture the HECnet list by creating two,
              though, so I'd
              like to see some kind of majority agreement on moving first.

      Not really fond of the idea of moving the list... Any particular
      problems with the current setup? Do people really want digest mode here?

Yes. It isn't currently hosted on TOPS-20. ;)

That, that I could almost agree on. :-)
Actually, a mail daemon for RSX is in my plans... Once I've done that, I'll fix a mail list manager as well, and then I can have all the fun in the world... ;-)

On a semi-related semi-serious note, would anyone here use...what was it
that was the TOPS-20 mailing list thing...bboard? Maybe we could
subscribe it to HECnet? ;)

Not sure I agree subscribing lists to lists is a good idea. There might be legitimate reasons for people to be subscribed to one, but not the other.

Same thing for the pdp-11 mailing lists.