[HECnet] digest mode

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Dec 17 08:33:04 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
On 2012-12-17 17:11, Bob Armstrong wrote:
It probably takes longer to find a sysadmin than to set up.

     The GNU/Mailman stuff is already set up - I can have a new list up and
running in ten minutes.

     I don't want to fracture the HECnet list by creating two, though, so I'd
like to see some kind of majority agreement on moving first.

Not really fond of the idea of moving the list... Any particular problems with the current setup? Do people really want digest mode here?

Yes. It isn't currently hosted on TOPS-20. ;)

On a semi-related semi-serious note, would anyone here use...what was it that was the TOPS-20 mailing list thing...bboard? Maybe we could subscribe it to HECnet? ;)

However, majordomo is a problem for various reasons anyway, and there are some activity to replace the whole thing, but no real time plans.