[HECnet] Help requested with issue regarding file transfer...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Feb 5 08:17:00 PST 2012

On 2012-02-04 18:35, Mark Wickens wrote:
On 04/02/12 17:19, Oleg Safiullin wrote:
UAF> ADD/PROXY SLAVE::allin1 A1$XFER_OUT

Is this proxy command appropriate in this case? I thought maybe it
should be A1$XFER_IN?
Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

Not sure, but ADD/PROXY SLAVE::allin1 A1$XFER_OUT/DEF may help.

Hi Oleg,

Unfortunately that didn't help. Proxy access is all completely new to me
unfortunately!

I think you're working now, but I figured I could add some comments on proxy access, which might help you and others.

Proxy access is essentially a way for you to specify that a specific user, from a specific machine, should get access rights as a specific other user on the local machine if they do not specify any user information.

As a good example, here is the proxy definitions on MIM::

PROXY>list

  Remote User                       Local Account