[HECnet] Access to SLAVE via LAT from local DECserver - permission denied...

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 15:08:49 PST 2012

Hi guys,

My node SLAVE is configured for LAT as follows:

Node Name:     SLAVE                                                   LAT Protocol Version:           5.3
Node State:   On
Node Ident:   AlphaServer 1000A 5/300 VMS Alpha V8.3       MSW, Windermere, UK

Incoming Connections:   Enabled                           Incoming Session Limit:     None
Outgoing Connections:   Enabled                           Outgoing Session Limit:     None
Service Responder:         Disabled                         Announcements:                 Enabled

Circuit Timer (msec):               80                         Keepalive Timer (sec):           20
Retransmit Limit (msg):             8                         Node Limit (nodes):             None
Multicast Timer (sec):             60                         CPU Rating:                                   0
Maximum Unit Number:             9999                         Extra Datalink Buffers:           9
Queue Limit:                                 24                         Forward Session Limit:           16

User Groups:         20, 23
Service Groups:   20, 23
Service Classes: 1

Service Name         Status           Rating   Identification
SLAVE                       Available         81 D   AlphaServer 1000A 5/300 VMS Alpha V8.3       M
SW, Windermere, UK

I have a DECserver 90M connected locally, but I get a connection refused when I attempt
a CONNECT SLAVE.

Is this a permissions issue I need to sort via configuration on SLAVE, or is this something
to do with the DECserver configuration.

Thanks, Mark.