[HECnet] Is Pathworks32 server CTerm part exists?

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Mon Jan 16 23:55:51 PST 2012

On 16.1.2012 20:43, Pinocchio wrote:
Thank you all, for useful information on CTERM subject!

While playing with Pathworks32 v7.4 I did found and fixed one bug, which can
in some cases prevent successful installation of Pathworks32 at least on
W2K/W2K3 platforms. If network card service registry path (mine is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\e1yexpress) last
component (e1yexpress) longer than 8 characters - network card would never
be listed on last installation step. So you would be unable to bind DECnet
to network interface. Of course there is always way to manually bind them
via editing registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DECNDIS\Linkage\Bind,
but this way is not very convenient. Buggy   component responsible for this
activity is w2k\pwbind.exe executable on installation CD. If anyone would
interested in - I can post patched binary (24k) or binary diff description
here.

P.S. Do anyone have DOS version of Pathworks in archives?

.

I might have PW for DOS V5 or V6 (or maybe both) someplace. Which one do you prefer?

Kari