[HECnet] Is Pathworks32 server CTerm part exists?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 05:53:40 PST 2012

On 16 Jan 2012, at 13:43, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

2008 adds PowerShell and exposes a lot more admin features to the cli. I've never used it but I hear you can do anything in the cli you can do in the GUI.

That came in with Vista/Server 2008/Win7 so it's not really greatly   applicable to PATHWORKS. I haven't used Powershell yet either but I have heard its very comprehensive.

Mark,
The cmd environment is useful, like turning off a pc, say,   to make your daughter go to bed. ..

I will admit it does have uses. I was thinking along the lines of rebooting IIS every time it dies, memory leaks or stops working for other random reasons ;)

When the unix tools kit is installed a lot more functionality is available. May be I'm too fond of ascii user interfaces...

You and me both :)

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog