[HECnet] TOPS-20 DECnet

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:20:07 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:03:50 +0100, you wrote:

TOPS-20 Network Configurator for DN20, Version 4A(11)

    That seems to be ANF-10 (Advanced Network Functions)
protocol configuration utility.

ANF-10 was a TOPS-10 thing only so this should not be the case. Instead I
think that Johnny is correct when he writes that the thing Joe pasted seems
only related to DECnet over DTEs like synchronous links, not Ethernet.

    I had very little experience with TOPS-20 and from
what I see it was quite different on TOPS-10. But I
would certainly look for DECnet-20 and I would not
expect more than phase III.

I'm sure that DECnet-20 V4 did Phase IV too. :)

G.