SV: [HECnet] Hecnet map update

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Tue Jan 10 04:38:04 PST 2012

Meh. Nice idea perhaps, but not working. Oh well.
There are some possible tricks anyway.
You could create a file on the remote machine if allowed, and check the =
timestamp.
You can also check local time using remote datatrieve.
If you have a decnet-aware finger server, that might tell you.
And of course, if you can log in or run remote jobs, anything can be =
done.
But how about expanding the host.txt file (or whatever the name was)?

I can find out how my clock is compared to UTC by looking in Circular-T... _:)

-P