[HECnet] pdp-11/83-84

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jul 6 00:47:04 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-06 01:42, Boyanich, Alastair wrote:
Oh, and I saw some additional discussions about the CIS option for the
F11. Unless I remember wrong, and understood things wrong, it is not
just a simple PROM. It's a coprocessor, which have logic in addition
whatever microcode the coprocessor need.
So no way of just duplicating a PROM to get a CIS.

Ah ha! Game over then. Pity. Shall have to keep poking about for bits
for the 23Plus then :)

Yeah. Well, had it been that easy, the market would have been flooded with CIS options. :-)