[HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 3 00:33:54 PDT 2012

On 07/02/2012 07:05 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
Software? Copies of everything that Al has on his bitsavers site.
Manuals certainly, stuff he created using those wonderful tools of
his. Hardware? Got me, I've got the SIMH stuff to emulate it, and
several examples of the E11 kit.

  Ahh.   I have lots of OS releases that aren't on bitsavers; contact me
if you're looking for something specific. (and, erm, not ancient)

But as for goals, I originally had an idea to have a PDP11, like your
11/53 there, respond to the strange stuff I build, along the lines of
(Adam) LINC-8 and the Straight that I saw at the same time we met and
your sidekick with his collection.

  Indeed, that sounds like fun.

  Who was my sidekick??

Ran out of space and time, for all of that. (I won't go into the
annoying problems of funding for my daft ideas.) Right now I'm in a
problematic NYC apartment that's short on space.

  Time to move!

When the "embedded PDP-11" idea surfaced in the responses earlier
today I realized that some of my ideas seemed to be doable but the
"how and why" aspect surfaced......

  Well "why" is easy:

    - because I can
    - because I want to

  The "how" part is rather more difficult, but I suspect you won't have
much trouble.