[HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:05:03 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 07/02/2012 06:41 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
I'll say. That does sound like something I would want to try out....

  Absolutely.

Now as to your equipment collection Dave, your 11/53 running in a
different suit, you are aware it can be flipped back to a 11/53?

  Yes.   I don't have a DECserver-550 myself, though.   I do have a
"regular" 11/53.

I'm still trying to sort out my directions for hardware and software......

  What are your goals, and what do you have?

Software? Copies of everything that Al has on his bitsavers site.
Manuals certainly, stuff he created using those wonderful tools of
his. Hardware? Got me, I've got the SIMH stuff to emulate it, and
several examples of the E11 kit.

But as for goals, I originally had an idea to have a PDP11, like your
11/53 there, respond to the strange stuff I build, along the lines of
(Adam) LINC-8 and the Straight that I saw at the same time we met and
your sidekick with his collection.

Ran out of space and time, for all of that. (I won't go into the
annoying problems of funding for my daft ideas.) Right now I'm in a
problematic NYC apartment that's short on space.

And what does _that_ have to do with our list, and even the network it
supports, I can hear Johnny say, the data it produced would be
available for everyone to examine, and the hardware would have
accepted responses from each member.

Soon I hope.

When the "embedded PDP-11" idea surfaced in the responses earlier
today I realized that some of my ideas seemed to be doable but the
"how and why" aspect surfaced......

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com