[HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Mon Jul 2 14:26:13 PDT 2012

On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Gregg Levine wrote:

Now the question that's worth a full Fizzbin. How many of us here are
running under emulation?

FRUGAL:: is a real VAXStation 4000/90A
MISER:: is a real Alphaserver 255/233
THRIFT:: is a real Linux box, and so is CHARY::

The above hosts are pretty much running 24/7 as (MISER and THRIFT at least) are used to do real and hobby work.)

CHEAP:: was a real VAXStation 4000/VLC, but it lost its power supply and I have not found a replacement.   Would be much cheaper to run the VLC, and I am considering running FRUGAL:: under emulation at some point to save on the power bill.

Fred