[HECnet] This is probably been asked already but....

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:49:08 PDT 2012

As you guys probably know, my 2 always on nodes are both on SimH
running VAX/ VMS. One is on a HP Microserver, the other on a Raspberry
Pi.

It works effectively, I even discovered that the 'bridge' works on a
Linux box that also runs SimH seemingly fine.

I've only used OpenVMS 7.3 and RSX-11M+ 4.2 in DECnet (and HECnet) via
an emulator thus far because I don't have software kits for anything
else. Ultrix I'd like to at least boot for novelty factor (to extend
my claim of having used a vast array of brands of UNIX) and maybe even
a PDP version of UNIX Sys7 or something. The former DECnets, the
latter to my knowledge does not.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog