[HECnet] Area list

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 1 17:46:37 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-01 18:16, Steve Davidson wrote:
Johnny,

Please send out the latest copy of the AREA list to the reflector.   It
would be nice to know what is real about areas, locations, and "owner".

I have currently area 7 and 8 disabled on my bridge, just FYI. Seems to have at least stabilized things on my side.

Routing loops are bad. However, DECnet should normally be able to resolve this, and get things right, as from a topology point of view, DECnet can have multiple paths between nodes. Something is wrong, indeed...

The current list of the areas are on MIM::, which is shut down at the moment, because of the issues with the computer hall. I hope to have the machine back up and running soon...

Since GORVAX have an alternative connection, I'll keep it off at my end for now, for trouble shooting. As things looks stable right now, it will be interesting to turn area 7 back on and see what happens. Hold on to your hats...