[HECnet] Other odd things ...

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Sun Jul 1 16:36:29 PDT 2012

My Multinet link to area 59 is down, but LEGATO thinks area 59 is
accessible thru CEIRE, which thinks that it's accessible thru A54RTR.     The
latter box apparently doesn't speak NML (or won't talk to me) so I can't ask
it what's going on.       Peter???   Are you out there??   Is area 59 up or
down???   And what's A54RTR?

Hi Bob,

At least one of the Peters involved is here :-)

A54RTR is a Cisco IGS which has GRE tunnels to area 59 on test. It appears
the more standard connection from area 59 to the rest of Hecnet (via SG1
perhaps?) is down.

A similar thing is going on with area 52 (CEIRE -> A54RTR -> ???) although
I don't have a Multinet link in this instance.     Are there any machines in
area 52 actually up?

Area 52 appears to be reachable via area 59. It looks likely that area 52
should also be reachable via SG1 but isn't.

The router(s) in area 52 and 59 don't appear to speak (much) NML either.