[HECnet] Other odd things ...

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sun Jul 1 16:30:09 PDT 2012

At this moment I can't see anything from area 7. I guess John has just turned off his side.

El 01/07/2012, a les 17:29, Bob Armstrong va escriure:
       don   t know if any of it means anything, but there are many odd things as observed from LEGATO.

   LEGATO thinks area 7 is routable via the Multinet link to GORVAX, and GORVAX thinks area 7 is routed via the Multinet link to SG1, which thinks area 7 is adjacent via the Multinet link to GORVAX.   There   s a routing loop, which is always bad.

   My Multinet link to area 59 is down, but LEGATO thinks area 59 is accessible thru CEIRE, which thinks that it   s accessible thru A54RTR.     The latter box apparently doesn   t speak NML (or won   t talk to me) so I can   t ask it what   s going on.       Peter???   Are you out there??   Is area 59 up or down???   And what   s A54RTR?

   A similar thing is going on with area 52 (CEIRE -> A54RTR -> ???) although I don   t have a Multinet link in this instance.     Are there any machines in area 52 actually up?

   SG1 does appear to bounce up and down fairly often.   This is an old problem that was discussed but never really resolved.   Since SG1 is an area routing node, having it bounce undoubtedly confuses things.

Bob

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES