[HECnet] "Poor mans routing" and the Italian Hobbyist DECNET

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Jun 28 14:57:02 PDT 2012

Guys,

Do you think it would be possible to have a host that would somehow bridge HECnet with the Italian DECNET and then use the "poor mans routing" (i.e. HOST1::HOST2::<object) to pass e.g. mail across our two networks?

I have no idea how this works in practice, but just throwing the idea out there. From what I understood is that the Italians use many of the same nets / nodes as us (mainly network 1) which would make a network merger impractical.

Sampsa